Release 0.7.0 is a bugfix and feature release for Oz. Some of the highlights between Oz 0.6.0 and 0.7.0 are:
- Ability to use the "direct initrd injection" method to install Fedora/RHEL guests. This is an internal implementation detail, but can significantly speed up installs for Fedora or RHEL guests. (thanks for the tip from Kashyap Chamarthy)
- Support for Fedora-16 (thanks to Steve Dake for help in making this work)
- Use the serial port to announce guest boot, rather than a network port. This makes it so we no longer have to manipulate iptables, and gets us one step closer to having Oz run as non-root
- (for developers) Re-written unittests in python for speedier execution
- (for developers) Additional methods in the TDL class to merge in external package lists (thanks to Ian McLeod)
A tarball of this release is available, as well as packages for Fedora-14, Fedora-15, and RHEL-6. Note that to install the RHEL-6 packages, you must be running RHEL-6.1 or later. Instructions on how to get and use Oz are available at http://aeolusproject.org/oz.html
If you have any questions or comments about Oz, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or me (email@example.com) directly.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release through bug reports, patches, and suggestions for improvement.