Release 0.6.0 is a bugfix and feature release for Oz. Some of the highlights between Oz 0.5.0 and 0.6.0 are:
- The ability to specify the destination for the ICICLE output from oz-install
- pydoc class documentation for all internal Oz classes
- Automatic detection of KVM or QEMU at runtime (this allows oz to be used within virtual machines, although with a large performance hit)
- Less scary warning messages in the debug output
- Printing of the screenshot path when a build fails
- Ability to run multiple Oz installs of the same OS at the same time
- Support for OEL and ScientificLinux
- Support for RHEL-5.7
- Support for CentOS 6
- Support for OpenSUSE arbitrary file injection and command execution
- Ability to make the TDL (template) parsing enforce a root password
- Rejection of localhost URLs for repositories (since they must be reachable from the guest operating system, localhost URLs make no sense)
Fedora-14, Fedora-15, and RHEL-6 packages are available for this release. Note that to install the RHEL-6 packages, you must be running RHEL-6.1 or later. Instructions on how to get and use Oz are available at http://aeolusproject.org/oz.html
If you have any questions or comments about Oz, please feel free to contact email@example.com or me (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release through bug reports, patches, and suggestions for improvement.